This Soviet self-propelled anti-aircraft gun entered service in 1944. It was primarily intended to protect allied tanks and other mechanized units from airstrikes.
It was based on the SU-76 chassis, and its main armament was a 37mm anti-aircraft 61-K gun, model 1939. It featured a mechanical drive with a rate of up to 130 rounds per minute.
It fired armor-piercing, incendiary, and fragmentation shells. The gun had an electric light for nighttime warfare, and to light up targets in cloudy weather.
|37mm 61K M1939|