Frequently Asked Questions
- How do I properly submit a request to Customer Support?
First, please provide a detailed description of your problem and any actions you took before the problem occurred. If you are reporting a bug, try to specify the sequence of actions that preceded it. Take a screenshot of the error/bug, and if possible, even record a video of it.
Be sure to attach the game logs, which you can find in the following locations:
- game folder\Client\Client\B3_Data\client.config
- game folder\Client\Client\B3_Data\output_log.txt
- game folder\logs\
Please also send us a dxdiag report by:
- Pressing Windows + R on the keyboard
- Typing dxdiag in the command line that appears and pressing Enter
- Clicking ‘Save all information’
Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org including all of the above as attachments. This will help us solve your problem quickly and effectively.
- How do I suggest improvements to the game?
Your feedback on the game is very important to us, and we’re very grateful when you share your ideas in the game’s forums. Please do note, though, that Customer Support does not handle feedback or suggestions.
So, if you’d like to leave some comments or make suggestions, please do the following:
- Register on one of our forums (each forum language requires separate registration).
- Find the sub-forum for ideas and suggestions.
- Be as detailed as possible in describing what you’d like to see in the game!
We’re working to a development plan that has been set a year in advance, so new suggestions can receive higher priority when lots of players express the same or similar wishes. Feel free to pitch in, and if your suggestion is supported by the community, it might actually make it into the game.
We are constantly working on the following:
- Improving PvP balance
- Creating new PvP and PvE maps
- Adding new unique gameplay components
- Improving the game’s graphics and physics
- How can I reset my progress and start the game from scratch?
Resetting your account progress to start over again.
To reset your account so that you can start your Blitzkrieg 3 progress over again, send an email to email@example.com specifying your in-game nickname and the email address you provided when you purchased the game through our website. Please also attach a screenshot from the game to confirm that you are the owner of the account.
Please be advised that we won’t reset your progress without good reason, although we will certainly consider all requests to do so.
Don’t forget to state in your email why you want to reset your account progress.
- I forgot/lost my key or password.
Key and password Recovery:
When you buy the game through our website, you’ll receive an email with a key to activate the game. If you lose that email for any reason, you can write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org from the email address you provided when purchasing the game.
The key can be used to activate the game on Steam if you would like to continue playing there instead.
NOTE: If you bought the game through Steam, your copy of the game does not have a digital key.
If you have forgotten the password for your account, use this link to recover it: https://account.blitzkrieg.com/en/user/restore/
If you have also forgotten the email address you provided during registration, write to us at email@example.com
NOTE: If you buy the game through Steam, you use your Steam credentials to log in. If you lose these, you can recover them via Steam.
- How do I link the game to Steam?
- Launch your Steam client and log in to your Steam account.
- Click ‘Add a Game’ in the bottom left corner of the Steam menu.
- Select ‘Activate a Product on Steam’ in the drop-down list.
- In the window that opens, enter the key you received when you bought the game at blitzkrieg.com. The game will now appear in your Steam library.
- Download and update the game via Steam.
- Launch the game to activate the account merger option.
- When the launch window opens, click on ‘Merge with CAT’. If you want to save your game progress, select your current account as Primary. Your progress and saved game data will be transferred to Steam. If you want to start the game from scratch, select Steam as your primary account. In this case, your game progress will be reset and your progress will be reset completely.
- To confirm your account merger, enter the email and password you provided when you registered the key in the game launcher you downloaded from http://www.blitzkrieg.com/
- Click OK, then click Play.
- If your key cannot be activated or is already being used, send it to support at firstname.lastname@example.org. Don’t forget to enter the email you provided during registration.
NOTE: Don’t forget to select Blitzkrieg 3 when asked ‘Which account’s progress will be primary?’
- How can I improve the game’s performance on my laptop?
The following advice can help improve the game’s performance on laptops:
- Set your laptop’s Power settings to the maximum (Usually ‘High Performance’). Power saving mode can significantly lower the game’s performance. Please contact your machine’s manufacturer for more detailed instructions.
- Connect your laptop to a power source. The performance of a laptop powered by a battery can be low, especially if the battery has been used for many years.
- If your laptop is equipped with two video cards, make sure that the game is using the most powerful one. Please contact your machine’s manufacturer for more detailed instructions.
- My connection to the server was lost. What should I do?
If you receive a message that your connection to the server has been lost, a problem has occurred in the data exchange between the game client on your PC, and the game’s online server. This is frequently caused by malfunctions or misconfiguration of network hardware, or by programs and applications increasing the load on your Internet connection.
Try the following:
- Reboot your router and modem. These devices can become overloaded with data. Completely disconnecting them for several minutes can be very effective.
- If you are connected to the Internet wirelessly (Wi-Fi), try to connect your machine directly (with a LAN cable).
- Close any background programs and applications that might be using the Internet, such as torrent clients or auto-update programs.
- Temporarily disable your antivirus software and firewall, as these can also block some of the information sent to the server.
NOTE: Modems on 3G and 4G networks cannot provide sufficient connection stability, even when operating at high speeds.
- My game won’t run, hangs when starting, or doesn’t load after a certain point. What can I do?
These are common problems that may be caused by any of the following:
- Not enough free disk space: As the game was being installed, the disk did not have enough free space and so some files were not fully downloaded. (Installation requires 10 GB of free hard disk space.) In this case, delete the game files, make sure you have enough free space, then reinstall the game.
- Old drivers: Out-of-date drivers can result in various things, such as loading screen freezes, game crashes or launcher problems. Check that your video card drivers are up to date.
- Antivirus or firewall action: Most antivirus programs won’t block the game, but as it runs over your network, your antivirus software may block the packets it sends.
- System specifications lower than minimum: Some computers that don’t meet the game’s system requirements are still able to launch the game (although it may not run perfectly), but if your game won’t launch at all, then it may be because your system specifications are lower than the official minimum requirements. In this case, you’ll need to upgrade your system.
- No Microsoft Visual C++ installed. Blitzkrieg 3 requires this to be installed. You can easily download and install it from the following link: https://www.microsoft.com/ru-ru/download/details.aspx?id=5555
- What should I do if I have Internet connection issues?
Low Internet connection speeds can be caused by the following:
- Running on a wireless connection. Wi-Fi connections can see loss of data – connect your PC directly to your modem or router with a cable and see whether your connection issues are resolved.
- Other applications using your Internet connection, e.g. other games or programs downloading updates or files. These should be closed whilst you’re playing.
- Satellite and mobile connections are not stable enough, and so are not supported. If possible, try using a more stable connection.
- Temporary data saved by network hardware can become outdated or contain errors, causing issues. Reboot your network hardware.
- How can I reinstall the game?
If you want to reinstall the game, delete the old installation first!
- Right-click on Blitzkrieg 3 in the library
- Select ‘Delete Local Game Content’ in the menu
- Make sure that the folder Steam\steamapps\common\ no longer contains the Blitzkrieg3 folder
- Remove the game via Control Panel > Add or Remove Programs
- Make sure that the Blitzkrieg3 folder is gone from your hard disk
Then re-download the installer:
If you bought the game from our website, use the following link:
- English version - https://account.blitzkrieg.com/en/download
- You can choose which folder to install the game to.
- Follow the installer instructions.
If you bought the game on Steam, the installer will be available on Steam.
The installer unpacks the game launcher, which downloads the game files and latest updates after you sign in.
NOTE: If you bought the game from our website, you can merge your game progress with the Steam version and play using either client. However, if you bought the game on Steam, you cannot play with the stand-alone version.