This Soviet armored half-track entered the war in the latter half of the 1930s. It was designed around a front engine and front-wheel control scheme, which drove its rear crawler tread. Its main weapons were mounted on a rotating turret. The vehicle’s welded body featured rolled armor plates four to six millimeters thick.
Early testing revealed the many shortcomings of this armored car. Reports noted that the machine suffered from weak armor and weapons, and its close fighting compartment offered limited visibility, which limited the effectiveness of its crew. In September 1941, the car was sent to Kazan for refitting. The details of its further trials have been lost.