This American self-propelled anti-aircraft gun, installed on a modified M24 chassis, entered production in the spring of 1945. In all about 300 units were manufactured. Though intended to combat low-flying aircraft, it also saw some success in destroying ground targets.
The M19 distinguished itself by its excellent firepower and good mobility. An open tower was installed at the rear of the chassis, which mounted two twin 40mm Bofors.
The M19 was issued in August 1944, too late to participate actively in World War II. It's baptism by fire would wait for the Korean War.
|2 × 40mm M2|